Creating an online community with WordPress will not just help your business get more followers, but also more traffic. One may face quite a few challenges while building a community like this, but the results can surely be tremendous.
- Community building is an organic way to get traffic and users on the site.
- Building a community helps you own users and this makes them more permanent in nature.
- A community is a business asset that can be made bigger over a period of time.
- A Community provides you with regular content, which can monitored for quality as well as searchability.
- A community is the easiest way to reach out to the relevant target audience, community members are those who are interested in your community.
- A community is a ready reckoner for getting feedback for future growth and expansion.
Expertise In WordPress
Building a community in WordPress can be a challenging task. Since there are a host of functionalities one has to learn all the aspects to make it a smooth process. As the community grows, one can feel the pressure of the hosting requirements, while one also might want to opt for customized solutions from outsourcing companies.
Community sites need to be managed and moderated well, so that spam and hate comments can be be controlled. Constantly managing and monitoring the community is important to handle any sort of negativity around the community.
Forum Vs Social Network
Deciding on the type of community to build, requires you to define the object and the target group for your community. Having a clear unique selling proposition is an essential. Doing competitor research can help you get ideas as to how you wish to position yourself as. Forums are traditional forms of communities and can be helpful while building B2B communities. Forums are also helpful in providing customer support to a large customer base.
Existing social networks like Facebook also provide a tremendous opportunity to create a large community of loyal followers.
WordPress provides easy to download and implement, forum solutions that can be used to develop the community:
- Simple Press
- WPMU DEV
There are some interesting solutions that WordPress offers for building a social network community:
Once a community is in place, one can look monetization options. These can include:
- Adding advertising banners
- Creating an option of paid community memberships