Choosing the right CMS for your website
Many business owners don’t have enough knowledge about CMS platforms. They don’t exactly understand which CMS is best for their business. So before investing on the PSD to Magento, Joomla, WordPress or Drupal you must know the difference between them so that you can easily find the best CMS for your website or business goals.
CMS at a glance :-
You can find many similarities between different websites. In particulars they use same groups of functions, registration, comments, posting, spam, managing accounts, RSS Feeds, product images, galleries and many other tasks. But a content management system provides a ready-made typical functional block with an environment which is used to manage them. Users have the authority to choose modules and plugins according to their requirement.
There are other advantages also which are :-
1. It provides excellent data security by controlling the access to data
2. It reduces the site update or maintenance cost
3. The major part it plays is organizing the website
4. It increases communication with the visitors by contributing content for them to read
5. Version Control mechanism
Choosing the right CMS with proper requirement definition :-
For choosing the right CMS you need to find chalk down your requirements. So first you define your requirements. Follow these steps :-
1. You have to specify important sections or high priority sections of your website. It is not limited to the pages with few information, products catalogs, products and services, galleries or any other page.
2. You have to plan to use what social media you want to use in your website. Whether it is forums, tagging, content syndication or blogs.
3. You have to consider the editorial features like visual text editors , adding videos or images and spell checker presence.
4. If you need support for multiple languages then you have to think for multilingual support also.
Choosing the best CMS :-
There are many open source CMS are available in the market. Small scale business prefers these open source CMS platforms. Below are some popular open source CMS discussed in details :-
Drupal is widely accepted CMS platform which allow you to build different type of web pages. It ranges from basic web blogs to large online communities.
1. Highly secured development platform and extremely robust and developer friendly.
2. There are many attractive modules and important functions are available
3. It helps to make data more flexible at the interface level. Works on highly extendable data structures.
4. It is integrated with Google Analytics and aggregates RSS feeds
5. It supports custom theme design and development.
6. One module is available for fully functioning e-Commerce shop
1. Best for large community sites
2. Out of the box business websites are not supported
Joomla is another most popular CMS which is best for building online magazines, corporate websites , community based portals and many other type of websites. It provides large options of extra components and modules.
1. Many extensions are available for Joomla.
2. Easy steps for installation and mastering
3. Provides excellent choices for customizing and modification.
4. Additional modules are available for design integration
1. Extensions are much expensive
2. Some security issues occurs for 3rd party components
3. Not suitable for large websites
4. Much hectic to make it SEO friendly
5. Script and package integration into your site is tough
It is considered as the best CMS platform for developing a content driven website. Much easy to use than other CMS when modifications are needed. It is a friendly platform for also those who are from non technical background.
1. All excellent templates and adds on modules are available for free.
2. No experience of server side is required
3. Theming system is much friendly
1. Sometimes new bugs spun in the system while fixing some other bugs.
2. Unexpected results and conflicts occurs in 3rd party modules.
3. It is prone to spam attacks and hackers and crackers mostly target WordPress sites.
Magento is the best preference of the e-commerce website business owners. It is the best choice for developing dynamic and modern web applications.
1. It is now ready to use solution and easily configurable.
2. Ready-made plugins, add-ons and plugins are available easily.
3. Multi-language support is excellent.
4. Excellent solution for small and medium sized e-Commerce needs
5. It is highly SEO friendly and have integrated Google site map and full control of URL’s.
1. Scope of its functions are limited for e-Commerce requirements
2. Less features for managing content
3. High amount off data transaction is not possible
4. Takes much time for designing templates and not documented in a proper way.
The final choice of selection :-
Before choosing the appropriate best CMS for your website you must keep in mind the possibilities of future development, upgrade and maintenance factors. The above mentioned CMS platforms are well known and efficient in all ways but have some weaknesses also. Moreover choose the PSD to WordPress or PSD to Joomla conversion service company cleverly as they will be the one who will be responsible for designing your website.